Anyone interested in working for the Euless Police Department must meet minimum requirements that include passing the testing process. Upon successful completion of a physical assessment and a written test, applicants will be required to complete a Personal History Statement.
Applicants receiving a passing score on the completed test are ranked according to their final score. Veteran points will be added for qualified military candidates.
Applicants may be contacted after the test for the following: background check, oral interview, polygraph examination, psychological exam, complete medical exam and/or drug screening.
Generally, the written exam will be conducted before the physical assessment:
- The applicants will be advised of the instruction concerning the exam
- The written exam will be administered
- Upon completion of the written exam the applicant will be notified of their score
- Upon successful completion of the written exam, applicant will proceed to the physical portion of the test
Generally, the Physical Assessment will occur after the written test. Applicants will:
- Receive instructions on how to complete the Physical Assessment
- Are encouraged to wear appropriate athletic attire
- The physical assessment is scored on a PASS/FAIL basis
- Failure of any portion of the Physical Assessment will be cause for rejection of the whole test.
Physical Assessment Standards
Candidates must complete a 2000 meter row within the maximum target time as calculated on the rowing matrix. The test is designed to determine your overall fitness level specifically for the position of Police Officer. The test parameters are set based on gender, age and weight of the applicant.
Use the Rowing Matrix Spreadsheet for the rowing matrix calculator. Candidates should enter their gender, age, and weight for their target time to be calculated.
The City of Euless uses the Concept2 Rower for the physical assessment. The damper setting on the rower will be set at 5 at the time of the physical assessment. Many local gyms, recreation centers, and fitness facilities use the Concept2Rower and it is highly recommended applicants take the opportunity to prepare for the physical assessment.