Tax fraud occurs when someone fraudulently files your taxes in order to divert your refund. After you contact the IRS, it will usually advise you to make a report with your local police department.
To report Tax Fraud follow these steps:
- Complete the Identity Theft Affidavit IRS Form 14039
- Print two copies
- Sign each form individually (no photocopied signatures). Do not scratch or cross out anything on this document. If you make a mistake, print more copies.
- Make two legible photocopies of your government issued ID
- If your electronic return was rejected, you will need to mail your return. Include a copy of the IRS Form 14039 and a copy of your ID when you mail your return.
If the IRS notifies you by mail that there is an issue with your tax return, mail one copy (with original signature) of the IRS form 14039 and a copy of your ID to the following address:
- Internal Revenue Service
PO Box 9039
Andover MA 01810-0939
- Complete the IRS Disclosure Form 8821-A
- Print one copy
- Sign each form individually (no photocopied signatures). Do not scratch or cross out anything on this document. If you make a mistake print out another copy.
Contact the Euless Police Department at 817-685-1526 and request that an officer be dispatched to take your report. When filling the report you will need to provide the following:
- One copy of form 8821 with original signatures
- One copy of form 14039 with original signatures
- One legible photo copy of your government issued ID