Crime Control and Prevention District
Funded by a 1/4¢ voter-approved sales tax, its purpose is to decrease Euless’ crime rate by financing a crime control and prevention program. This program funds equipment, technology, and staffing that reduces crime and increases public safety and quality of life. Programs include:
- 19 Police Officers salaries, uniforms, and training
- Community Relations Programs such as Neighborhood Crime Watch and Coffee with a Cop
- EPIC-Euless Police Inspiring Champions –Program designed for Euless elementary school students
- Police Summer Camp (free to participants)
- SWAT Team
- Crime Victim Liaison
- Mental Health Peace Officer
- Interoperable communications equipment and technology
Last year’s CCPD budget include purchasing and installing a training simulator for police officers, replacing and improving evidence lockers, and purchasing new safety equipment for police officers. This fiscal year includes funding for new public safety equipment, crime scene cameras, a command console and equipment for a drone program.
The next CCPD Election is May 2, 2020. Early voting will take place April 20-28, 2020.