Building Construction and Permitting

The City of Euless requires permits on certain activities and projects conducted within city limits. For information regarding Permits please call 817-685-1630.


Development forms need to be submitted by email at or fax at 817-685-1628.

Plan Revision Sheet Required

Effective August 1, revisions or amendments to any plan must be accompanied with a listing of changes from the original plan. This narrative must be presented on an 8.5 x 11" sheet.

New Codes Passed

The City Council has adopted the following codes:

  • 2015 International Building Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Fire Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Mechanical Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Plumbing Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Energy Conversation Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Fuel Gas Code with amendments
  • 2015 International Residential Code with amendments
  • 2014 National Electric Code with amendments

This ordinance with amendments is available as ordinance 2124.

Permit applications received on or after July 18, 2016 will be considered with the above code sets.

Building Permit Fees

A list of current building permit fees and types can be located in the City of Euless Code of Ordinances. Building permit fees are incremental based on the valuation of the work being performed.

Projects Requiring Permits

The Planning and Development Department enforces this city ordinance and requests that residents obtain a permit for the following projects:

  • Remodeling involving demolition, construction, moving walls or modifying structural elements
  • Room additions
  • Lawn sprinkler systems
  • Electrical system upgrades or additions
  • Accessory buildings or storage sheds which are 120 square feet or greater. A permit is not required for accessory buildings under 120 square feet, however, they shall be placed outside of all easements.
  • Commercial roofing
  • New fencing or alteration of existing fencing other than simple fence replacement of existing panels
  • In-ground pools and above ground pools 5000 gallons or larger
  • Garage enclosures (where permitted by ordinance)
  • Carports
  • Plumbing additions or modifications other than simple fixture replacement
  • New installation of signs or sign face changes
  • Temporary utilities (electrical, gas, water)
  • Certificate of Occupancy (commercial and multi-family properties)
  • Health (commercial food related operations)
  • Driveway approaches (new, expansions or removal)
  • Furnace installation or replacement
  • Air conditioner condenser installation or replacement
  • Water heater installation or replacement
  • Garage Sale (limited to two per calendar year)
  • Spa and hot tub installation (electrical)
  • New building construction
  • Repair of gas leaks
  • Structural repairs
  • Fireplace or wood stove installation
  • Moving a mobile home

Residential Re-Roofing Opinion

The City of Euless has adopted the 2015 IRC with amendments.  We do enforce and recognize this code for decking replacement. 

With that being said, the City of Euless does not arbitrarily require upgrades or replacement of roof decking if that decking is not damaged or is in workable state.  In other words, for a typical overlay or similar job, we would not require replacement of a nonconforming decking material simply because of the overlay. 

There are jobs where the decking is rotted, broken or some other structural issue, which would require a replacement of the decking and must follow adopted codes.

It seems that the question most often asked is, "Does the City of Euless require replacement of roof decking when an overlay is not permitted, or with the tear off and removal of existing shingles?"  If the shingles must be removed, the decking will be damaged by removal of roofing nails and other roofing materials.  This is especially the case in 3/8" roof decking.  If the shingles are removed, therefore damaging the deck, the decking must be replaced, and the deck must meet adopted codes and ordinances.