Excessive Barking

Many of us adore our furry friends just as family, and they can be a great addition to our lives. We may love them so much that we are sometimes oblivious to the effect they can have on those around us. Barking is a natural dog behavior and many people want their dogs to bark to alert them to potential danger. However, owners who permit their dogs to bark excessively are permitting a public nuisance to occur and can be issued a citation. Part of responsible pet ownership is ensuring that your pet is not a nuisance to others.

How to Deal with Excessive Barking (and Other Noisy Animals)

Residents may submit complaints about barking/noisy animals around their property. The City will contact the pet owner and will seek voluntary compliance. If the problem persists, additional complaints may be filed which may result in a citation up to $500.

We encourage neighbors to speak directly about the situation before filing a complaint. The pet owner may be completely unaware of the noise, and most want to be good neighbors. Please work cooperatively with one another to look for patterns that may help you determine the cause of the excessive barking/noise.

If the barking/noise persists after speaking with your neighbor, you may call 817-685-1592 or fill out an online complaint form through Access Euless.

Animal Services will attempt to contact the pet owner, advise the owner of the complaint, and discuss the situation. Animal Services will also mail you the complaint procedures, the Barking/Noise Incident Report and the Barking/Noise Incident Log.

Hopefully there will be no need for further measures, but if your neighbor's animal continues its disruptive noise, you may file another complaint using the same procedure used to file the first. Animal Services will then mail a second notice letter to the pet owner, explaining that further violations will result in a citation being issued or complaint filed in the Euless Municipal Court.

File an Online Complaint

A complaint can be filed online using Access Euless or by calling 817-685-1592.

Be prepared to provide the following:

  • Address of the Animal
  • Description of the Animal
  • Any Other Pertinent Details