Euless was the first Tarrant County city to implement recycling in apartments. In that same year, Euless began the blue bag recycling program. Since then, Euless has worked to increase recycling participation, while maintaining a low recycling cost for residents with options for recycling containers. This innovative recycling program makes recycling more convenient for our residents and reduces waste. We believe this to be the first hybrid recycling program in all of Texas.
The City of Euless has contracted with Community Waste Disposal (CWD) to provide residential single-family once a week curbside pickup service and multi-family recycling. Euless residents who live in multi-family complexes that participate in the recycling program can recycle materials in the booted container that is located on their property. Residents receive initial service/billing information from the Water Office. Blue bag recycling is automatically provided to all single-family homes in Euless. Community Waste Disposal provides recycling bins and carts for an additional monthly fee.
Base Rate for Recycling
Base Rate: $1.44
This is one of the lowest rates in northeast Tarrant County.
Senior Base Rate: $0.72
Euless residents age 65 and older may apply for the senior citizen recycling rate. Please call the Water Utilities office to receive this rate.
Containers and Monthly Costs
Choose the recycling container that suits your household the best. You must use blue bags or official, CWD-provided bins or carts for your home.
Blue Bags: Base Rate = $1.44
Recycling with blue bags cost nothing more than purchasing blue bags from your Euless grocery or home improvement stores.
18-Gallon Recycling Bin: Base Rate + $1.61
The 18-gallon bin is ideal for a small household. If you order a bin, it will be delivered to your home.
65-Gallon Recycling Carts: Base Rate + $1.61
The 65-gallon cart has a lid to keep contents dry and two wheels to make it easy to roll to the curb. This option is great for households large or small. If you order a cart, it will be delivered to your home.
Recycling is single stream and does not have to be separated. All recyclable materials should be placed inside a bag, bin or cart to avoid confusion.
What Can Be Recycled
- Aluminum Soda Cans
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes should be broken down and flattened so they will not be mistaken as trash
- Lightweight boxboard containers such as cereal boxes, tissue boxes and other packages should also be broken down and flattened.
- Paper Products like catalogs, magazines, phone books, junk mail, newspapers and office paper
- Wax-coated paper drink containers
- Plastic Bottles with these numbers on the bottom: 1, 2 , 3 , 4, 5 & 7 (#6 is not accepted at this time)
- Steel or tin cans which should be cleaned of all food contamination
- Unbroken glass bottles and jars of any color
What Can't Be Recycled
- Aerosol cans
- Anything contaminated with food, grease or wet waste
- Broken glass
- Ceramics, dishes, coffee mugs, drinking glasses and pyrex
- Flammable, toxic, medical waste, syringes and any other Hazardous Materials
- Grass clippings
- Light bulbs
- Paper towels, facial tissue and toilet tissue
- Plastics with a #6 on the bottom
- Plastic bags and packaging
- Plastic containers that held hazardous waste
- Shredded paper
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil and pie plates
Other Recycling Services
Recycling Collection Map
The City is divided into zones and depending on your location, service is provided once a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. Place your recyclables at your curb by 7:00 a.m. on your specified pick-up day. Please refer to the map below to identify your pickup day.