Tips for Winter/Spring Plants and Trees
- Fertilize your trees during the winter months.
- Never plant tree below grade, always level or just above grade with root ball.
- Try not to prune newly planted to two years old, as all leaves and branches play a vital role in development of young trees.
- Over watering plants can led to diseases, like root rot and fungus and also lead to Insect infestation.
- For healthy plants allow air circulation around plants to prevent disease.
- In colder months place mulch around root ball to prevent freezing of desired plants.
- Regularly prune your plants to stop them from getting leggy.
For questions or information call the City of Euless Parks
"Horticulture Hotline" at 817-685-1652.