Youth In Government Program
The HEB 2019 Youth In Government class begins in January! The Cities of Hurst, Euless, Bedford and the HEB Chamber are partnering to provide high school juniors and seniors in the area an opportunity to learn about local government and the different partnerships within the community. This year's program will run from January-April, and as always, there will be a chance to win a college scholarship!
Majority of meetings will be held on Monday evenings. Applications will be accepted until January 4. Students must live in Hurst, Euless or Bedford.
Most meetings will take place on Mondays from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- January 14: Orientation/Introductions - HEB Chamber
- January 28: City Council/Boards & Commissions/Importance of Voting - Hurst City Hall
- February 11: Police and Fire - Euless Police & Courts
- February 25: Importance of Community Service
- March 4: Services provided by Cities/Careers in Government/all three City Managers - HEB Chamber
- March 25: Funding and Budgeting for Cities - Bedford City Hall
- April 6: CPR Blitz - Meet at Campus West at 8 a.m.
- April 15: Graduation at Hurst Conference Center
For questions or additional information, please contact Mary Frazior at email@example.com or 817-283-1521 ext. 104.
Online application - Applications for the 2019 Youth In Government program are now being accepted through January 4, 2019.