Wireless Access at Euless Public Library
What you need:
- A laptop with a wireless device with built in Wi-Fi or a Wi-Fi network card. The Euless Public Library system uses the Wi-Fi standard (802.11g)
- A Euless Library card and the password you selected when you obtained your Library card. Ask at the Checkout Desk if you need a new password. If you cannot obtain a Euless Public Library card ask a staff member at the Reference Desk for a guest card and password.
How to connect:
- Turn on your laptop computer. Your IP or Network Settings need to be configured to obtain an IP and DNS address automatically
- View available networks
- Select EPL1 and connect
- Open a web browser
- If needed, allow pop-ups from 192.168.17.9
- Login with your Library barcode and password and click on submit
- You will be directed to the Euless Public Library home page. From there, enter the address of the website you would like to view.
Wireless network access is free to all Euless Library users. Wireless access is available throughout the Library building during regular Library hours.
Users are encouraged to install the latest anti-virus, spyware and firewall protection on their laptop computers before using the Library’s unsecured wireless Internet. The Library is not responsible for any damage caused to hardware or software while using the Library's wireless connection.
Printing is not available via personal laptops. If you need to print, please save your work to a portable storage device and print from one of the Library computers.
Due to liability and privacy concerns, Library staff cannot provide technical assistance to configure your laptop computer.