Euless, Texas 76039
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday:||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
The City Secretary's Office serves the citizens of today and tomorrow while preserving the records of the past
The City Secretary's Office is committed to providing support services to Citizens, City Council Members and City Staff in an effective and efficient manner.
Current News & Events
|City of Euless Special Election
A special election will be held on December 9, for the purpose of electing a Council Member to fill an unexpired term.
|December Special Election Candidate Forum
On December 2, the League of Women Voters of Tarrant County will be hosting a candidate forum for the December Special Election.
The City Secretary is appointed by the City Council and is a statutory position required by state law and the City Charter.
As Director of the City Secretary Department, the City Secretary functions as the:
- Chief Election Officer
- Records Management Coordinator
The City Secretary Department, comprised of four staff members, is responsible for a multitude of duties that support, facilitate and strengthen the City of Euless governmental process by:
- Assisting the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities.
- Publishing required legal notices in the official newspaper of the City as dictated by state law.
- Attending the City Council meetings, as well as preparing and archival of the minutes of the meeting.
- Coordinating of the various Boards and Commissions and the appointment process of new members.
- Safeguarding and improving the public access to records, documents and files of the City, including responding to requests for information.
- Managing and updating the Euless Code of Ordinances.
There is an inherent delay from the time the City Council adopts an ordinance which amends one of the city code chapters, until the revisions can be codified and included in the official code of ordinances.
- Coordinating and conducting all City elections.
The Planning and Development Department has information available on the proper use of political signs.
Request for Public Information
Request for Public Information, also referred to as Open Records Requests, should be submitted to the City Secretary’s Office at 201 N. Ector Drive, Euless, Texas 76040 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the online Open Records Request Form.
Should you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 817-685-1434.
Texas Attorney General's web page about the Public Information Act
Please note that birth and death records for the City of Euless can be obtained through the State of Texas Department of State Health Services.