HEB Teen Court
2000 Forest Ridge Dr.
Bedford, Texas 76021
HEB Teen Court is a diversionary program provided by:
- The City of Hurst
- The City of Euless
- The City of Bedford
What is Teen Court?
Teen Court is a peer program that allows juvenile first offenders with Class C misdemeanors an alternative in the criminal justice system. Teen volunteer attorneys present offenders' cases to a jury of their peers. Jury members assign a community service sentence and a number of jury terms according to the Discipline Grid. Upon successful completion of the program, offenders' cases are dismissed and do not appear on their record.
The HEB Teen Court program provides teen defendants the opportunity to:
- Dismiss Class C Misdemeanor(s)
- Take personal responsibility for their actions
- Repay their debt to society through positive community involvement
- Experience the judicial system as defendants, jurors and volunteers
- Must enter a plea of guilty or no contest
- Must be between the ages of 10 and 18
- Currently enrolled in school
- Cannot have successfully completed a Teen Court program in the State of Texas within 2 years
- Cannot be currently enrolled in a Teen Court program in the State of Texas