Zoning Board of Adjustment
Meeting Documents are available online for public access.
Ruby Anne Crites
Curtis Brown (Alternate)
Steve Elliott (Alternate)
Mike Collins, Director of Planning & Economic Development
Hal Cranor, Director of Public Works
To hear cases of appeal, variances and exceptions concerning the zoning sections of the City of Euless Unified Development Code.
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error on any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of this ordinance
- To approve the use of certain lot or lots in a residential district for non-residential parking
- To initiate on its motion or cause, presented by interested property owners, to bring about action for the discontinuance of a nonconforming use
- To require the discontinuance of a nonconforming use under an amortization plan
- To permit the enlargement of, or change of, occupancy of a nonconforming use to another nonconforming use
- To permit the reconstruction of a nonconforming structure
- To require the vacation and demolition of a nonconforming structure, which is deemed to be obsolete, dilapidated or substandard
- To permit such variance of the front yard, side yard, rear yard, lot width, lot depth, coverage, minimum setback standards, off-street parking or off-street loading regulations where the literal enforcement of the provisions of this ordinance would result in an unnecessary hardship. Also, where such variance is necessary to permit a specific parcel of land which differs from other parcels of land in the same district by being of such restricted area, shape, slope or topography that it cannot be developed in a manner commensurate with the development permitted upon other parcels of land in the same district.
The Zoning Board of Adjustment consists of five members who serve a two-year term.
Meetings are called as needed.